Customer Care: 080 - 2670 8400


Most of us develop redness and swelling at the site of an insect bite. Yet people who are allergic to stinging insect venom are at risk for a much more serious reaction. This life-threatening reaction is called anaphylaxis .
Stinging Insect Allergy Symptoms & Diagnosis

Most people develop pain, redness and swelling at the site of an insect sting. This is a normal reaction that takes place in the area of the bite. A serious allergic reaction occurs when the immune system gets involved and overreacts to the venom, causing symptoms in more than one part of the body such as:

• Swelling of the face, throat or tongue
• Difficulty breathing
• Dizziness
• Stomach cramps
• Nausea or diarrhea
• Itchiness and hives over large areas of the body
This severe allergic reaction is called anaphylaxis.
Insect stings can cause serious symptoms that are not allergic. A toxic reaction occurs when the insect venom acts like a poison in the body. A toxic reaction can cause symptoms similar to those of an allergic reaction, including nausea, fever, swelling at the site of the sting, fainting, seizures, shock and even death. A toxic reaction can happen after only one sting, but it usually takes many stings from insects.

Serum sickness is an unusual reaction to a foreign substance in the body that can cause symptoms hours or days after the sting. Symptoms include fever, joint pain, other flu-like symptoms and sometimes hives.

If you think you might be allergic to stinging insects, an accurate diagnosis is essential.

• Allergy shots (allergy Injections)
• Allergy drops

Asian diagnostics is the first and only center in the state where in-vitro tests are being carried out.